View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowrahtay

re: APPROVED - App: Whalelord - by Mindcloud

your replies are good, and your numbers are great. I'm sure someone will be in contact soon.

Whalelord

-What makes you think you're ready for Mythic raiding?

I don't slack in being prepared for any fight. I believe I have the capability and understanding of end game raiding to raid mythic content and I know my past experience doesn't show a ton, but I think I could prove myself.

-It seems like on some of your kills (Darmac, Kromog, Blast Furnace) you're padding heavily on adds (grats, you know how to cast Cataclysm/chaos wave). Are you assigned to AoE on these fights? Your Blackhand/H&F/other parses seem to suggest you know how to single-target, so if you can discuss a bit more how you would burst down priority targets as opposed to mass-AoEing if asked to, that'd be great.

I could have probably posted better logs. As this was almost all farm content and I was straight padding for ranks.

I would have a priority on targets if it was progression and I was using more single target. 

For example on our recent M Darmac kill I would maintain dots on spears (we had 3-4 hunters, 2 spriest and a boomkin mainly doing them). I would have main priority on the mount and would only HoG the pack beast to build fury and MC procs, translating into more single target dps than if I were to only HoG boss/mount. After Darmac would dismount I would also throw DoTs on to him and swap back to killing the mount. For overall bursting single target I always try to go into meta whenever I have BiC proc or weapon/ring proc. I would also save MC procs/Fury for when I DS.

A fight like Blast furnace has to have a priority system when progressing on it.

For P1 I would focus mainly the bellow, followed by the engineer. I would then cleave/multidot off foreman onto the guards.

Going into P2 I would focus on making sure foreman was dead then clearing up the engineers and then killing the slag. After killing a slag I would make sure to have CDs and fury ready to burn the elementalist down. I tend to HoG whatever I can hit the most with to build up fury and molten core procs. I would then do my best to make sure I have fury and pop my 2nd DS charge onto the 2nd elementalist after killing a slag on it. Typically on the 3rd I don't have anything as we get a lot of low health slags by now and pop the 3rd elementalist before I have fury/CDs. I do what I can, but my damage is always low on that one. The 4th elementalist is when we have lusted and I would also be popping my potion.

Going into P3 I prioritize the Flamecallers and then the guards and then its single target onto the Heart.

I have always been on AoEing the hands on kromog, but if i were to single target I would focus down the tanks and melee hands to break them out then if we have channeled healer CD for the breath out of the hands I would break that healer out next to make sure they can get the full channel when needed and not have it stopped by the hand breaking.

-Do you actually use this button?

Not sure if you mean the bind or the ability. But I would say I use burning rush the most out of any non-rotational spell and mouse wheel binds are probably my favorite binds.

-I don't think we're at the point where we want to deal with someone who wants to push numbers at the cost of doing fights properly. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this.

I am a numbers whore and I probably linked bad logs for you guys to truly analyze me. This was all farm I was purely padding every fight I could.

Although my targeting for maidens is wonky, due to it being on farm and wanting to try and rank, I would probably still run cata even though the cleave really doesn't matter. I feel could pull about the same DPS running Syn/cata as I could serv/serv. This is because I would have access to my 10 min doomguard and I would cata Admiral and her turret, both high priority targets and Doomguard would last most of Admiral's life. And cata will about the same damage if I hit the turret and Admiral even once together, possibly more with good RNG on procs. And once we kill admiral the fight is basically over and is it isn't as chaotic. 

I would like to post the log from last night on our mythic beastlord. I feel this is a better log if you wanted to look as it was progression and I had swapped roles halfway through. Was primarily on killing adds, after a few swap arounds and our hpally getting on so our druid could play boomkin, I had swapped to a single target build.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w9tByLzMfTX76124#fight=12

Cowrahtay

What makes you think you're ready for Mythic raiding? If your 2/7M in Highmaul is Kargath and Twin Ogron, I'd like to hear you extrapolate on why you think you can jump into much harder content? What do you consider the most important qualities of a Mythic raider? Most of your end-game progression experience was in H-Dragon Soul at the highest levels of the nerf, which isn't exactly inspiring experience.

It seems like on some of your kills (Darmac, Kromog, Blast Furnace) you're padding heavily on adds (grats, you know how to cast Cataclysm/chaos wave). Are you assigned to AoE on these fights? Your Blackhand/H&F/other parses seem to suggest you know how to single-target, so if you can discuss a bit more how you would burst down priority targets as opposed to mass-AoEing if asked to, that'd be great.

Quote:
Wheeldown - Burning rush 

Do you actually use this button? That would be refreshing.

On a few fights, like Oregorger, you basically just DoT up crates, and then keep DPSing the boss. You also seem to be low on gunnery sergeants on Thogar, which we usually have every ranged on, and are priority to burst down (meanwhile, your man-at-arms damage is pretty decent). Maybe you guys just outDPS these mechanics on heroic and it's not needed, but only seeing Corruption and Doom on crates is something I'd want to hear a bit more about. On Iron Maidens you went for a pure AoE build. What happens at 20%? I zoomed your kill to when the bosses all hit 100 energy (the burn phase) and saw you were 2nd on damage. However, on closer look, your guild seems to kill Ga'ran first, and you were more than halfway down the list for damage done to Ga'ran. Almost a third of that was an AoE spell you were casting on all three targets. Your turret damage is second-to-last of all range. Ma'rak you climb a little higher, and then Sorka, who you kill last, you're 2nd because you're obviously keeping up DoTs up on all three targets the whole phase. That is a concern, to me - this fight straight up switches from cleave at >20%, to a single target burst below 20% in the difficult part of the fight - and you geared/talented for the cleave part, and not the difficult part. Maybe it's faceroll and fun times in heroic these days, but that cannot be a thing in Mythic. I don't think we're at the point where we want to deal with someone who wants to push numbers at the cost of doing fights properly. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this.

Whalelord

re: App: Whalelord

The application submitted by Whalelord is as follows:

Quote:
About yourself

Name:
Sam

Battletag:
WhaleMilk#1539

Tell us something about who you are:
Currently attending community college to be a paramedic. Played WoW since 2006. Videogames is my main hobby. I also enjoy playing League and Smash.

About your character

Character Name:
Whaletits

Class:
Lock

Spec:
Demo

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Whaletits/

UI Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/ghSFkUl.jpg

List All/Any Relevant Keybinds :
1- SB/ToC
2-HoG/CW
3- Corruption/Doom
4- Cata
Wheeldown - Burning rush
A- Demo port: summon
D- Demo port: tele
R- SF
Mouse B4- Shield wall
F- Life Tap
Upwheel- brostorm
X- DS/GoServ
Shift R- SS
Shift D- Hellfire
C- Meta
T- Potion
Shift G- HS
SHift A- Health Pot
S- Demo Leap

Link a recent WoL/Warcraft Logs parse (MANDATORY - If you don't have one, run a Normal/LFR):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XWVczKmbZBt6NpC4#fight=5&type=summary

Guild Questions

Reasons for wanting to join Elusive?:
Want to get into mythic raiding. Current guild is too lax and I feel don't do anything about under performers. Losing motivation to perform with them.

Elusive Raid times - Please check that you can make each night. ( Mon - Thursday 9-12PM est )

Guild History (Be EXTREMELY detailed):
Phantom Knights t5/t6 raids. Guild broke up/I took a break from WoW

NO PRESSURE for ulduar. Guild Broke up

Power Word Bacon for ICC. Took break from WoW. Came back, removed because of inactivity.

Afterlife for BoT/Throne/BWD. Guild died going into firelands, couldn't recruit due to dead server (scilla)

Pinnacle for Firelands. I am still apart of this guild on my alts because of friendships I have made there. They are just more laidback/casual than I would like.

Clever Meme Reference for DS-MSV/HoF/ToES-Early ToT. Guild died halfway through throne, later revived in WoD. Still have alts in there due to past friendships.

Pinnacle for SoO. Rejoined them as my main raid team due to not really wanting to xfer and limited choices on the server I was on.

Current Guild- Chosen Exile HM-BRF. I am wanting leave due to people not bringing their a-game. I am almost constantly topping charts on fights I shouldn't. I feel people don't put in the same effort as me and it shows.

Previous raid experience:
Karazhan: [11/11]
Gruul's Lair: [2/2]
Magtheridon: [1/1]
Serpent Shrine Caverns: [5/6]
Tempest Keep: [3/4]
Mount Hyjal: [2/5]
Black Temple: [1/9]

Didn't play/very casual start of wrath. Can't recall my progression before uld release.
Ulduar: [11/13] Missing Mimirion, yogg, algalon
Trial of the Crusader: [4/5]
ICC: [11/12]

Mainswapped DK tank for first tier of cata.
BoT: [1/5h]
To4W: [2/2 n]
BWD: [2/6h]
Swapped back to lock
FL: [6/7n]
DS:[8/8h] 25% or 30% nerf. Can't properly recall

MSV: [5/6h]
HoF:[2/6h]
ToES:[4/4n]
Swapped from lock to mistweaver to rdruid during ToT. That was fun.
ToT: [1/13h]
SOO:[14/14n]

Back to lock this xpac
HM:[2/7m]
BRF:[10/10h]

Are you applying to other guilds? Who?:
Yes. Re Lapse on alliance korgath

Computer Specs and Internet Information::
Intel Core i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz

8.00 GB RAM

When is a good time for an Interview?:
Currently on a tight schedule. Typically unreachable tues/thursday till about 8:30

Super Serious Section: Have fun with this part

Number of Testicles:

Waffles or Pancakes:
Pancakes

Draw us a picture with MS Paint:
http://imgur.com/NKJwGD5

Garrison Related Questions

How many followers do you have at 660+?:
25+

How many epic followers do you have?:
25+ and Garona

Can you 100% each of the four Mythic missions from Blackrock Foundry?:
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Never
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elusive Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: