View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindcloud
Officer

re: DECLINED - App: Noktak_ - by Mindcloud

Thanks for the interest but at this time I believe we will be moving in a different direction.  Thanks for the interest.

"The night is dark and full of terrors"

Cowrahtay

Hmmm, for some reason, I saw the buff "Lub-Dub" and thought that was the buff for LDSC. Oddly named, that buff is.

I'm sure someone will make a decision on your application soon.

Noktak_

Yeah, my father played in a hardcore guild in Vanilla, and I remember watching him all the time and being intrigued and eventually I asked him if I could play. Initially I had no idea what was going on, but through him and just playing the game, I quickly learned, even at 9.

No idea where you're getting my usage of LDSC, I haven't used it since the first week of BRF.

Steady Focus is only a priority when you're about to go into bestial wrath or if you're multi-shotting, if you're not doing either of those it's not a priority. 100% uptime isn't a "requirement" for better DPS. Top hunter logs hover around 70-80.  I do agree, my uptime on SF is something that could be improved, and it's something I'm dealing with.

Given my experience, yes, I am still relatively "new" to the hardest content the game has to offer. I only started playing hunter this expansion and I think I'm doing fairly well. I understand that experience is always a big deal in high end guilds, and that I lack it.  I'd like to think of myself has a good player, I can adapt quickly and fix mistakes. I'm open to suggestions/criticism. I don't stand in fire and always try to carry my weight in terms of mechanics and DPS. I understand my experience is lacking and that it is a big turn-off, but I think I understand the game at a high level. I watch streams, read guides, analyze logs, and I can implement these into my gameplay. If you think my experience is a deal breaker, I understand and thank you for looking at my application. :)

Cowrahtay

You've been playing this game since you were 9? Jesus. When I was 9 the Sega Genesis launched. That was a whole 16 bits.

I don't know if we need more hunters right now, but I'll leave that up to the officers.

A few questions, since I don't have all the time int he world to look over your logs: You seem to be using LDSC in all these logs, even in BM. Did you not have a better trinket? Your armory has BHoTM equipped.

When I look at hunter logs, I look for a few things, like KC usage, but I think a great metric of hunters this tier is Steady Focus uptime. It's relatively easy to maintain, but requires forethought to not focus cap/not miss casts of KC, and you can get 100% uptime on the buff. Your uptimes seem to hover between high 50%s to mid 70%s. Why do you think that is? How are you addressing this?

To me, experience is always a concern. You've been playing for 10 years, but your raid experience is fairly sparse. Your H25 LK kill was a year into Cata (the H10 LK in Oct 2013). You finished Ulduar even after that. You count among your achievements raiding with a good guild in Cataclysm, but as you said, you didn't play all of the first tier, all your first kills are from last year, at the end of MoP. More concerning, the two tiers you highlight, Firelands and DS, your first kills of H-Rag, H-Spine, and H-Madness, the only three fights which mattered in those two tiers, were all obtained on one day, Nov 11, 2014, AFTER the launch of WoD. You say you got to H-Spine in that tier, but, again, your kills for Yor'sahj and Zon'ozz were from last year. Your kills for H-Ultra and H-Hagara came at the end of March 2012, which, iirc, was around the 15-20% debuff point.Your kills for H-Firelands came earliest in late September 2011, which was about 3 months after H-Ragnaros was killed and after significant nerfs. Your first heroic/mythic kill came in Siege of Orgrimmar, and while your kills for H-Immerseus to H-Malkorok were okay (in terms of when you killed them compared to the ease of the instance), you managed only about 3 months of raiding before you again took a break from endgame progression. Given all this, please talk about why we should give you a serious look as a trial in a mythic raiding guild?

I understand you were very young during some of those tiers, but why, again, should we expect you to make the jump from "heroics" (which are just rebranded normal modes) to the three hardest bosses in the instance, and expect you to thrive?

Noktak_

re: App: Noktak_

The application submitted by Noktak_ is as follows:

About yourself

Name:
Eric

Battletag:
#Eric12722

Tell us something about who you are:
My name is Eric, I've been playing WoW since Vanilla, I'd like to think of myself as a laid back guy in general but I'm definitely a try hard. I always try my best and always look for improvement. I constantly research my class and fights to improve my performances and strive to always do better. I think I bring a lot to the table in terms of game experience (Been playing off and on for 10 years). I know what to do and how to do it. When I make a mistake I quickly fix it, and I'm always open to constructive criticism.

About your character

Character Name:
Noktak

Class:
Hunter

Spec:
BM/MM (Can confidently play all 3 specs at a high level)

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Noktak/simple

UI Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/dJQooOm

List All/Any Relevant Keybinds :
1-5 Main rotational abilities
R - Disengage
Y - Multi-Shot
X - Deterrence
F - Dire Beast (If Applicable)
Q - Racial/Trinkets
E - Kill Shot
Shift W - Focus Fire
Shift D - Mend Pet
Shift X - Misdirection
Shift C - Feign Death
Shift 1 - Trap Launcher
G - DPS Potion
H - Explosive Trap
C - Freezing Trap
V - Ice Trap
Shift A - Health Potion/Healthstone
Shift S - Master's Call
Shift R - Distracting Shot
Shift Q - Binding Shot
Shift Z - Tranq Shot
Z - Counter Shot
` - Camouflage
6 - Concussive Shot
Ctrl F - Aspect of the Pack
T - Aspect of the Fox
Shift T - Aspect of the Cheetah
Shift R - Flare

Link a recent WoL/Warcraft Logs parse (MANDATORY - If you don't have one, run a Normal/LFR):
Bosses 1-8: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xRz3947CjhJpbTNr#fight=1 Blast Furnace: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NzHjawQv3tmT8WkK (I was using Dire Beast )

Guild Questions

Reasons for wanting to join Elusive?:
I want to join Elusive because I've always been a progression-minded player and Elusive's progression this tier has been stellar. Looking over your logs, I see there are some very good players in the environment and I would like to become apart of that. I currently feel that my current guild no longer fits me and I'm looking for a new home.

Elusive Raid times - Please check that you can make each night. ( Mon - Thursday 9-12PM est )

Guild History (Be EXTREMELY detailed):
Vanilla: Casual guilds nothing serious
BC: Casual raiding guild with a few friends, again nothing serious
WoTLK: Didn't play the first 2/3 of the expansion, played with a buddy's guild in ICC, got to 4/12 in Heroic.
Cata: Played in a top 3 guild on the server I was playing on at the time. Got to Heroic Rag and Heroic Spine in their respective tiers. Did not play the first tier.
MoP: Didn't play in the first tier. Played with Synergy in ToT, and in SoO I played with Lucid.
WoD: Citadel in Highmaul, (Guild broke apart - formed Silly Salamanders with a few of the players from Citadel).

Previous raid experience:
I've been raiding since Vanilla, initially doing PuGs with the best guild on the server that I was playing on at the time and only really did PuGs in vanilla, I didn't really venture to much into raiding. In BC, I joined a guild with a real-life friend at the time and we casual raided all the content, clearing some of it, but not much, again - a very casual atmosphere. In WoTLK, I took a break during Naxx and Ulduar and came back during ICC and completed it up to heroic Festergut (again with same guild). In Cata, I joined a semi-hardcore guild on the server Kul'Tiras - Nephandi. In Nephandi we were a top 2 guild for all three tiers of Cataclysm. When MoP launched, a bunch of my real life friends server swapped to A52 because Kul'Tiras was pretty much a dead server. I joined them in the server transfer but did not raid in the first tier of the expansion as I had a lot of real life complications that took a lot out of me and didn't have time to commit to a raiding guild. When ToT launched I joined Synergy and raided with them up to the launch of SoO. I had a buddy in Lucid who offered me a raid spot and I jumped on the opportunity (ended on good terms with Synergy, very nice people). I played with Lucid quickly clearing SoO normal and venturing into heroic content. Around January of 2014 as we were progressing on Heroic Malkorok, I had to quit the game as my family made a cross-country move. Got into Citadel at the beginning of WoD and achieved 7/7 in heroic with them. After getting 2/7 in mythic with Citadel, the guild fell apart and a few of the members formed Silly Salamanders. We are currently 9/10 in H BRF.

Are you applying to other guilds? Who?:
Not currently.

Computer Specs and Internet Information::
Gigabyte uATX AMD 970
AMD FX-6200
18 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7700

Internet is 35 Down - 5 Up - Rarely, if ever, have internet issues.

When is a good time for an Interview?:
Any time in the evening, I should be available.

Super Serious Section: Have fun with this part

Number of Testicles:
2.5 ;)

Waffles or Pancakes:
Waffles

Draw us a picture with MS Paint:
http://imgur.com/I4mFtLT It looks just like me, right?

Garrison Related Questions

How many followers do you have at 660+?:
Every active follower is 675.

How many epic followers do you have?:

Can you 100% each of the four Mythic missions from Blackrock Foundry?:
Yup!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don\'t Know
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Don\'t Know
Saturday -> Don\'t Know

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elusive Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: